Massachusetts Family Law Attorneys
A divorce or other family law dispute is a profound event in any person's life. If you are going through a divorce or other family matter, it is vital to have experienced, determined legal counsel on your side. Percy Law Group, PC, can provide the tenacious legal counsel you need.
Our firm is dedicated to finding constructive solutions to potentially difficult situations through negotiations, mediation or litigation. We understand that money may be an issue, and we will work diligently to deliver cost-efficient service.
Experienced Lawyers Serving the Taunton Area
Our attorneys and staff will stay focused on you, your needs, and your results throughout the handling of your case. We work hard to understand you and your individual circumstances so that we can provide a very high level of personalized attention.
We represent clients in every area of family law, including:
- Divorce: Our experienced attorneys will fight hard on your behalf in all aspects of your divorce, including property division, alimony, child custody and child support.
- Same sex divorce: The recognition of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts gives same-sex partners living in Massachusetts the same rights and responsibilities of other couples, including the right to divorce. Our law firm will protect your rights throughout the legal process.
- Child custody: Whether you are going through a divorce or are looking to modify an existing child custody and child visitation plan, we will work hard to protect your and your child's interests.
- Child support: Our lawyers understand Massachusetts' laws related to child support. Whether you will pay support or receive support, we will protect your interests.
- Alimony/spousal support: Recent changes in Massachusetts law have dramatically changed how courts order the distribution and term limits of alimony. We will do everything in our power to guide you to a positive resolution.
- Complaints for modification: Your life does not remain static after a divorce. When you need your divorce order to reflect the changes that have taken place in your life and the lives of your children, our lawyers and staff are ready to assist.
- Complaints for contempt: If your ex-spouse or former significant other is not complying with the terms of your divorce order, we will help you explore all available remedies.
- Mediation: Our certified mediator will help arrange a mutually agreeable resolution to your family law disputes in a user-friendly forum that is often quicker and more amicable.
- Marital abuse: Our firm has represented countless domestic violence victims and has a proven track record of success in both stopping the abuse and punishing the abuser, both financially and otherwise.
- Restraining orders: If you are in need a restraining order or if your spouse or anyone else has had you served with a restraining order, this can dramatically affect your life; we will fight to protect all of your rights and make sure your side of the story is told.
- Paternity: If your child was born outside of marriage, our experienced paternity lawyers will help you pursue child support, child custody or visitation rights.
- Guardianship and conservatorship: If for example you are seeking guardianship over a minor child for any reason, including the death of his or her parents, our attorneys can help.
- Adoption: We are available to assist prospective adoptive parents with private agency adoptions, state agency adoptions, stepparent adoptions and all other types of adoptions.
- Prenuptial agreements: Our attorneys have the experience, knowledge and sensitivity to help you draft and negotiate an effective and enforceable premarital agreement.
- Estate planning and elder law: As part of our family law practice, we also help families prepare estate planning instruments that will protect their rights and prevent uncertainty upon death or disability. We also help families devise appropriate asset protection and Medicare planning strategies.
- Probate law: If a family member has recently passed away and you are responsible for administering his or her estate, you have inherited a major responsibility. Our law firm will help you comply with your various obligations.
Contact Percy Law Group, PC
The Taunton family law attorneys of Percy Law Group, PC, are ready to fight for you in your family matter. We will not stop fighting for you until we get the justice you deserve. That is our promise. Call 508.206.9900 or contact us to get started. We have staff members who speak Spanish and Portuguese.
Solar panels and the sale of your home: be VERY careful what you sign.
Protecting Your Assets In 2024: Estate Planning Best Practices
Estate Planning For a Complex Lottery Winners Estate
Should You Add a Sunset Clause to Your Prenup?
Estate Tax Planning in Massachusetts: Minimizing Your Tax Liability
Common Probate Pitfalls in Massachusetts and How to Avoid Them
Can Writing a Will Help My Family Avoid Probate?
What to Do If Your Child Is Bitten by a Neighbor's Dog
I can't say enough about Percy Law Group. From Attorney Tom Percy to his staff- they are top notch. I am a real estate professional and deal directly with Attorney Percy and Attorney Meaghan Hatch and have complete confidence when working with them. I have- A. S.
Courtney DaCunha of Percy Law Group is fantastic! As a busy real estate professional, I need an attorney on my client(s)' side who is always responsive and there when you need them. Courtney is all of that and more! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.- E. C.
I've had the pleasure of working with Courtney DeCunha on a few Real Estate transactions. She is thorough and very responsive to questions. I would absolutely continue recommending her to my Real Estate clients in the future.- A. S.
My husband and I had such a wonderful experience working with Meaghan Hatch at Percy Law in the closing of our house. Her and the team were always responsive, helpful, professional and a pleasure to work with! Highly recommend!- A. B.
Thank you for your professionalism, responsiveness and team approach. We highly recommend your services!- L. W.
I had the great fortune having Attorney Russell Weddell help me with my divorce. He was amazingly patient, understanding and provided me with excellent legal advice. This divorce was very difficult but he helped me make it through this wrenching experience- A. K.
Attorney Courtney DaCunha has been wonderful. She is very responsive, professional, and thorough. I highly recommend Courtney!!- L. M.
Our team works with Percy Law group often. We worked with Courtney on a recent deal and there were a few issues that came up. Courtney handled them. She was able to get answers and people to respond when they weren't. We all knew we could count on her.- S. S.