Massachusetts Estate Planning & Elder Lawyers
You have worked hard for the money you have earned and the assets you own. These assets can be threatened, however, by the costs of health care, state and federal taxes, and even creditors.
It is always a good time to implement strategies to protect these assets upon your death or incapacity. An experienced lawyer can be instrumental in creating an effective plan that will protect you and contain provisions ensuring your final instructions are respected.
Percy Law Group, PC, can efficiently and effectively craft your estate plan.
Devising Appropriate Asset Protection Strategies for Taunton Families
Our attorneys and staff take on the full range of issues in estate planning, including:
- Elder law: Our elder law attorneys assist clients in the full range of elder law issues, including asset protection, long-term care and Medicaid planning, and estate planning. We will develop plans that protect your assets to the fullest extent under the law. Early planning is the key to preserving your eligibility for Medicaid while preserving your assets.
- Wills: We're prepared to draft both simple and complex wills that allow for the orderly transfer of your assets upon death.
- Trusts: Trusts are versatile, flexible legal instruments that offer a number of advantages in estate planning. Our lawyers will review your assets and your goals to determine what types of trusts best meet your needs.
- Health care proxies: Health care proxies, or HCPs, give someone the authority to make decisions about your health care in the event you become incapacitated. An HCP can create order and stability during a difficult time.
- Durable power of attorneys: The durable power of attorney, or DPOA, gives someone the ability to make financial decisions on your behalf if you are unable to do so. Our lawyers will help you determine a strong candidate to hold the DPOA. We will then implement your decisions by drafting the appropriate document.
- Complex estate planning: At Percy Law Group, PC, we are ready to address even the most complex types of estate planning goals. We can address business succession planning, special needs planning and other unique interests.
- Competency and legal capacity: Our lawyers have significant experience representing clients engaged in disputes over the competency or legal capacity of an individual.
- Probate of estates: Our law firm has the skill and experience to effectively guide your family through the probate process.
Plan for Your Family's Future with Estate Planning
Creating an estate plan is a crucial step in ensuring that your family's future is protected and your wishes are carried out. At Percy Law Group, PC, our experienced estate planning attorneys in Taunton, MA can help you navigate the complexities of estate planning and devise a comprehensive plan tailored to your unique needs.
Benefits of estate planning include:
- Preserving your assets and wealth for future generations
- Minimizing estate taxes and probate costs
- Appointing a guardian for minor children
- Ensuring your healthcare decisions are respected through a healthcare directive
- Protecting your business and ensuring a smooth transition
Our team of dedicated attorneys will work closely with you to understand your goals and create a customized estate plan that protects your legacy and provides peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
Maximize Your Estate's Value with Tax Planning
When it comes to estate planning, minimizing tax liabilities is crucial in order to maximize the value of your estate for future generations. Our experienced estate planning attorneys at Percy Law Group, PC can help you develop effective tax planning strategies tailored to your unique financial situation.
Benefits of tax planning for your estate include:
- Reduced estate taxes
- Preserved wealth for your beneficiaries
- Minimized capital gains taxes
- Protection of family businesses
- Increased flexibility in asset distribution
By working closely with our team, you can ensure that your estate plan is structured in a way that minimizes tax burdens and maximizes the benefits for your loved ones.
Achieving Cost-Effective Solutions: Let Our Experience Work for You.
Although our main office is located in Taunton, our law firm has numerous offices in Eastern Massachusetts. Our lawyers can provide a comprehensive review of your options, advise you on the best course of action, and as appropriate efficiently and effectively craft the documentation needed to accurately protect your interests. Contact us online or call us toll free at (508) 206-9900 to schedule an initial consultation. We have staff members who speak Spanish and Portuguese.
Solar panels and the sale of your home: be VERY careful what you sign.
Protecting Your Assets In 2024: Estate Planning Best Practices
Estate Planning For a Complex Lottery Winners Estate
Should You Add a Sunset Clause to Your Prenup?
Estate Tax Planning in Massachusetts: Minimizing Your Tax Liability
Common Probate Pitfalls in Massachusetts and How to Avoid Them
Can Writing a Will Help My Family Avoid Probate?
What to Do If Your Child Is Bitten by a Neighbor's Dog
I can't say enough about Percy Law Group. From Attorney Tom Percy to his staff- they are top notch. I am a real estate professional and deal directly with Attorney Percy and Attorney Meaghan Hatch and have complete confidence when working with them. I have- A. S.
Courtney DaCunha of Percy Law Group is fantastic! As a busy real estate professional, I need an attorney on my client(s)' side who is always responsive and there when you need them. Courtney is all of that and more! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.- E. C.
I've had the pleasure of working with Courtney DeCunha on a few Real Estate transactions. She is thorough and very responsive to questions. I would absolutely continue recommending her to my Real Estate clients in the future.- A. S.
My husband and I had such a wonderful experience working with Meaghan Hatch at Percy Law in the closing of our house. Her and the team were always responsive, helpful, professional and a pleasure to work with! Highly recommend!- A. B.
Thank you for your professionalism, responsiveness and team approach. We highly recommend your services!- L. W.
I had the great fortune having Attorney Russell Weddell help me with my divorce. He was amazingly patient, understanding and provided me with excellent legal advice. This divorce was very difficult but he helped me make it through this wrenching experience- A. K.
Attorney Courtney DaCunha has been wonderful. She is very responsive, professional, and thorough. I highly recommend Courtney!!- L. M.
Our team works with Percy Law group often. We worked with Courtney on a recent deal and there were a few issues that came up. Courtney handled them. She was able to get answers and people to respond when they weren't. We all knew we could count on her.- S. S.