Injuries Caused by Misdiagnosis
Medical Malpractice Attorneys Serving Taunton & All of Massachusetts
A doctor that provides a misdiagnosis of a patient’s injuries or illness can do just as much harm as a physician that fails to diagnose a problem at all. At Percy Law Group, PC, you will find a team of dedicated and knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers in Bristol County, Massachusetts that know how to approach a difficult misdiagnosis injury claim. We can put our 100+ years of collective legal experience to use and push your case towards a beneficial outcome.
- Accolades and accomplishments that set us apart include:
- Founded in 1994
- Impressive ratings and reviews on Avvo
- Long history of winning case results
- Numerous happy client testimonials
We believe that you should be able to trust your doctor with full confidence. If you get hurt or your condition worsens due to a misdiagnosis, you should be compensated for your pain, suffering, and increased medical costs. Our goal is to get every last penny you deserve.
Interested in knowing more about your rights as an injured party? Contact us today.
How Does a Misdiagnosis Occur?
When a doctor diagnoses one injury or illness as another, this is known as a misdiagnosis. The result can be the worsening of a condition due to a lack of helpful treatment. In some situations, the attempted treatment can actually directly exacerbate the patient’s condition. It might seem unthinkable for a physician to make such a crucial mistake but it is estimated that more than 10 million Americans will be misdiagnosed each year.
- Causes of misdiagnosis that put liability on the doctor are:
- Inexperience: Doctors that are not familiar with a patient or a condition should not hesitate to seek out a second opinion. A misdiagnosis that occurs due to inexperience could have been entirely avoided if another physician was consulted or allowed to review the patient's records.
- Exhaustion: A doctor working within a hospital may be needed on-hand for the better portion of a day, if not longer. This naturally leads to exhaustion, which in turn leads to misdiagnoses and other forms of dangerous medical malpractice.
- Haste: Rushing between patients to try to see more of them in a given amount of time does no one any favors, and may be the source of a mistake that causes a dangerous misdiagnosis.
- Unkempt records: The medical records kept at a hospital or clinic must be thoroughly organized and clearly distinguishable. Inadvertently swapping patient records could cause a doctor to overlook a preexisting condition and misdiagnose a new one.
Trusted Advocacy Managing Medical Malpractice Claims
The best part of what we do here at Percy Law Group, PC is delivering our clients beneficial case results and knowing that we have helped make their lives a little more comfortable during difficult times. If you have been harmed by a doctor’s misdiagnosis, please do not hesitate to call our Bristol County medical malpractice lawyers at (508) 206-9900 and let us know what happened during a free consultation. If you prefer, you can use an online contact form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.