Buying a Business in Massachusetts
Business Attorneys in Taunton: Getting The Most From the Deal
Typically business purchasers are either "expanding their empire" or fulfilling their dream of being their own boss. Either way buying a business involves a great deal of anxiety. That is why it's important for you to have the business law team at Percy Law Group, PC on your side. Call our firm today to arrange an initial consultation. We act to guide you from letter of intent to closing all the while protecting your interests in acquiring a small or mid-sized company or a franchise business. Our business lawyers can help you achieve your financial goals while minimizing the risks associated with the purchase transaction.
Let Our Experience Work for You: Early Due Diligence Avoids Later Problems
Working with our business law attorneys early can help prevent costly mistakes and minimize risks. We can provide clear, understandable information regarding the nature of the business you intend to purchase, it's assets and liabilities through a due diligence review, including:
- Detailed representations and warranties from the seller.
- Review all of the company's contracts and leases, employee records and benefits, customer information, supplier agreements and other documents.
- Conduct a lien search on the acquired assets.
- Assist with the assignment of the commercial lease for the location and obtain the consent of the landlord. We can assist in renegotiating that lease.
- Help negotiate the legal terms of the purchase contract, including vital seller representations and warranties, and draft the asset purchase agreement or stock purchase agreement. We also draft such documents as the letter of Intent, corporate resolutions, amended corporate bylaws and amended operating agreements, promissory notes and security agreements, non-disclosure agreements for employees with sensitive information and non-compete agreements for key employees.
Talk to a Business Law Attorney About Your Business Ventures
Our goal is to ensure that the purchase of your business proceeds as smoothly and quickly as possible while fully protecting your interests. Among other things we will make sure your seller gives strong and clear representations and warranties, and that those strong representations and warranties can be sued upon later if needed. We will attend the closing and address last minute issues and problems as needed.
Contact the experienced business law team at Percy Law Group, PC, for sound advice on your particular legal needs. We can provide a comprehensive review of your options, advise you on the best course of action, and as appropriate create the documentation needed to protect your interests and pursue those options in a determined, result focused manner. Contact us online or call us toll free at 508.206.9900 to schedule an initial consultation.