Russell R. Weddell
Location: Taunton, Massachusetts
Attorney Russell R. Weddell was born in Rehoboth, MA. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst in 1979 and his Juris Doctorate from Suffolk University Law School in 1982. In 1980, Attorney Weddell drafted the first challenge to the constitutionality of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) while working for the Law Office of F. Lee Bailey.
Over the course of his career, in addition to trying numerous civil and criminal cases, Attorney Weddell has briefed and argued multiple appeals before the highest appellate courts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, including five cases of first impression that established precedent or redefined existing case law.
Attorney Weddell currently focuses his practice in the area of civil litigation and family law. Attorney Weddell is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and has been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Areas of Practice
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1982
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.A. - 1979
- Major: Legal Studies
Don't wait to get help. Contact us by calling (508) 206-9900 and get started on your case today.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rehoboth Lions Club, 2009 - Present
- Rehoboth Lions Club, Past President, 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- Counsel Rehoboth Congregational Church